Monday, March 28, 2011

Calgary Architectural Photography


A few years ago I registered the domain name www.innhabit.com with the intention of building a portal for  bed & breakfast establishments and independently owned/operated resorts. A sitemap was designed, along with some initial branding and a coming soon page. After conducting additional market research the idea was put on the back burner as a low priority opportunity. Since the domain was registered for 10 years, I figured it might yet be of some use.

Fotographix has been gaining quite a bit of traction working with Calgary realtors by providing photos for their websites and MLS listings. We've even managed to attract a few luxury home projects which are a lot more work, but really exciting projects.  I started to think about how Innhabit might be used to showcase Fotographix's architectural photography and real estate photography. I decided to design a simple one page website with a few samples of our interior and exterior photographs. I included some key words for the search engines and linked the site back to the Fotographix mother ship.

Now the previously unused domain draws in some additional traffic from Google and highlights a specific photography genre (home photography) for our customers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lots of good reading here, thanks! I had been browsing on yahoo when I identified your post, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to more from you.